Announcing the Resignation of Eileen McLoughlin

November 6, 2014

To:        The Rensselaer Community
From:     Virginia Gregg, Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer
Date:     November 6, 2014
Re:        Resignation of Eileen McLoughlin

It is with mixed emotion that I announce the resignation of Eileen McLoughlin as Assistant Vice President for Finance and Budget, effective December 8, 2014.

Eileen joined the Division of Finance in 1996 and her leadership and financial expertise have been invaluable to the Division of Finance and to Rensselaer.

Eileen has accepted the position of Vice Chancellor for Finance and Chief Financial Officer for the State University of New York (SUNY), which is the largest higher education system in the country.  In her new role, Eileen will be responsible for the university system’s $12 billion annual all-funds budget, as well as, overseeing the financial planning for SUNY System Administration, and each of its 64 campuses to establish  financial plans and strategies along with sound policies and procedures.

In the interim, I am pleased to announce that Ms. Helen Grzymala has been appointed to the position of Acting Vice President for Finance and Budget, as the Division of Human Resources conducts a national search for an Assistant Vice President for Finance and Budget.

Please join me in extending to Eileen our gratitude to her commitment to Rensselaer and wish her well in her new role as Vice Chancellor for Finance and Chief Financial Officer.

Back to top